ABB - AC500-S Safety PLC
When it comes to reliability, efficiency and flexibility in safety automation, for over 30 years, ABB has been the partner experts rely on to cover even their most complex applications. Our engineers are known around the globe for their innovative and solid approach aimed at protecting people, machines, processes and the environment.
- Ideal choice for complex functional safety applications like crane, hoist, robotics, wind turbines etc.
- Separate safety CPU offers the benefit of safety functions which remain active even when the non-safety control is inactive.
- Able to handle real number or floating point data type resulting in highly accurate calculations for controlling speed, position etc.
- Comes with a full range of trigonometric functions often used in precise measurements involved in crane applications.
- Offers greater flexibility and simplicity due to programming in Structured Text (ST) as well as Function Block Diagram (FBD) and Ladder Diagram (LD).
- The configuration and programming is done using Automation Builder V1.0 or above with a safety-certified editor in accordance with SIL 3 (IEC 62061) and PL e (ISO 13849).
- TÜV certified Safety Code Analysis tool (SCA) opens the door to writing well-structured and easily understandable code which dramatically saves your time and money on solution certification efforts.
AC500-S Safety PLC range - extreme conditions XC modules
- Applicable for harsh environmental applications like crane, hoist, winch, robots, wind (offshore and onshore), solar etc.
- Physical dimensions, basic electrical characteristics and software compatibility correspond with the standard AC500-S version.
- Engineering and operations are much more cost-efficient since spending money on special cabinets and cabling practices can be avoided.